Monday 5 July 2010

'In the Flesh'


I feel sorry for Mistress. She has always had ideas about being an artist, but failed her Art ‘O’ level at boarding school. There are not too many people who know this fact either. Well, I do, because she whispers confidential information to me that I wouldn’t even tell Archie. Sometimes, I watch Mistress from my pitch under her desk doodling matchstick men in private. It’s pathetic really. They wouldn’t stand up at primary level.

As a matter of fact, I think she is better off being a gallery owner. Working with artists is a juggling act, let me tell you. Some of them are quite mad. Take Larry, who is due to deliver his latest works this morning.

When the bell rings with two clarion peals, I am busy with a juicy bone between my paws. Mistress groans.

“Oh, God,” she sighs. “Tommy, don’t leave me, there’s a good dog.”

Frankly, both Mistress and I are looking forward to a quieter life, the days when we will no longer be interrupted by artists.

But we’ve got one of the worst types arriving now. Larry Fielding, the well known portrait painter and he’s not only bringing some new pictures, but has come here to paint Mistress. Larry is not the fastest out of the pen. Let’s see if we can get started!

Follow my paws as I gallop upstairs and wait for the bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment